When upgrading your previous Tapjoy integration to Tapjoy 11, you will have to do some re-working of your code. You cannot simply remove the old Tapjoy framework, add in the new one and expect everything to work: a number of important calls have been changed. Most importantly, the Tapjoy 10 concept of an “event” has been split into separate concepts in Tapjoy 11: In Tapjoy 11, “placements” are used to show content, and “events” refers to analytics events.
Keep in mind the following considerations when upgrading your Adobe AIR app from Tapjoy SDK 10 to SDK 11:
- You should remove the old SDK from your project.
- Install the new AIR SDK, following the instructions in the Getting Started Guide.
- The connect call is different now. See the Getting Started Guide.
- "Events" used to trigger content are now called "Placements" and have different code:
var p:TJPlacement = new TJPlacement("AppOpen", this);
- The managed currency calls have changed substantially. See the Managed Currency Guide for the new versions of the currency calls.