Developers will naturally wish to test their Tapjoy applications with iOS 10 to make sure that they are working correctly. This checklist gives you a procedure by which you can do so. For more information on iOS 10 changes and how they affect Tapjoy, please see our iOS 10 Changes guide.
Tapjoy iOS 10 SDK 11.8.0 Upgrade Checklist:
- Follow Apple’s guide to upgrade your iOS device to iOS 10. Note that you will only see the IDFA return all zeros when Limit Ad Tracking is on when you use a physical iOS 10 device. As of Xcode 8 beta 6, you will not see this behavior in the iOS simulator.
- Also install the Xcode 8 Beta.
- Download and upgrade to Tapjoy SDK 11.8.0:
- Make sure to enable Tapjoy Logging for your build. Instructions for each platform can be found here:
- Change your deployment target to 10. This step is just for testing iOS 10 and you can change this back before submitting to the app store
- Ensure the device “Limit Ad Tracking” feature is disabled (turned off).
- Run your app with Tapjoy ads.
- Ensure ads are served and all features work properly.
- Now change the “Limit Ad Tracking” feature to enabled (turned on).
- Run your app.
- Ad requests will still return "No Content Available" and no ads will be seen, but you will still be able to track analytics data. Check to make sure your app properly handles having no ads.
- To check your analytics data go to Tools > Developer Console on your app’s dashboard. See “Console Example” below.
- Report any issues to email@example.com
- Don’t forget to disable “Limit Ad Tracking” and set your deployment target back when you’re done testing!
Developer Console Example
With Limit Ad Tracking enabled, notice that the device has all 0s for the Advertising ID (IDFA). (Again, this only happens with a physical iOS 10 device, not in the simulator as of Xcode 6 beta 8.) You can also observe Session Start and Session End tracking data (as well as any other analytics events you have) getting sent to Tapjoy’s servers. If you have placement requests, you will see those hit the server as well, but the request will return "No Content Available" on the device.
Specific Version Notes
- Unity clients upgrading from before 11.6.0 will need to follow these instructions to remove some duplicate files.
- The showOffers function was removed in SDK 11.3.0. If you are using a version below that please check this guide for the transition.
- As of SDK 11.2.2 we stopped supporting iOS 5
- If you are upgrading from SDK 10 to SDK 11, please refer to the appropriate guide: