In September of 2015, Apple will be making changes to the iOS platform. The most important of these changes will be made to the App Transport Security (ATS) to enforce best practices in secure connections between an app and its back end servers.
Impact to Tapjoy:
Tapjoy is releasing an SDK update to address these Security changes in iOS. If you will be building your application to target iOS 9, please read on. Applications targeted to iOS 8 and below are be unaffected. This means that for existing apps that were built on Xcode 6 targeting iOS 8 or lower, no action is necessary.
Steps to Upgrade:
- Upgrade your Tapjoy iOS SDK:
- For users on SDKs 11.*, please upgrade to the latest SDK available here.
- For users on SDKs 10.*, we recommend that you upgrade to SDK 11 if you are able to do so.
- If you are unable to upgrade to SDK 11, please contact your Tapjoy Account Manager about alternatives or contact support.
Upgrade guides from SDK 10 to SDK 11:
- Native iOS
- Native Android (Android is not affected by the iOS 9 update, but if you are upgrading the iOS version of your app you might also want to upgrade the Android version as well.)
2. Add the following to your Info.plist file:
<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key> <dict> <key>NSExceptionDomains</key> <dict> <key>localhost</key> <dict> <key>NSExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </dict>