Table of Contents
Topic 1: Available Ad Types
- PPI / CPI (Pay-per-Install or Cost Per Install) is a product focused on driving distribution of any mobile application on iOS or Android. Instead of running a CPC or CPM campaign, an advertiser can run a PPI campaign that is focused on getting users to actually download AND install the application. Advertisers are not charged until the application is actually installed.
- PPE / CPE (Pay-per-Engagement or Cost Per Engagement) is product geared towards driving deeper engagement after the install of a mobile application. Commonly, advertisers will pay only per install, but after the install, users may sometimes drop off and discontinue play. The idea behind Pay-Per-Engagement is to help advertisers run an install and engagement campaign at the same time. Allowing users to dive deeper into the app/game after they install the app. Users/advertisers will not be rewarded/charged till after the engagement has been completed.
- Tapjoy Reconnect is similar to PPE, however, Tapjoy Reconnect allows you to retarget to existing users who have already installed an application (or completed a specific integrated engagement). The idea behind Tapjoy Reconnect is to help advertisers re-invigorate engagement within an app for existing users, and drive deeper engagement for users who dropped off after install.
- CPA (generic offer) is a product that allows you to run ad campaigns outside mobile apps. CPA campaigns can promote your website, email sign-ups or any other action you want to promote.
- PPV / CPV (Pay-per-View or Cost Per View) are ad campaigns that promote your brand using 15 – 30 second video reels. Advertisers can also provide us w/ additional URLs (up to 3) to include after the view.
- CPC (Pay-per-click or Cost Per Click) allows you to run campaigns when you cannot integrate any type of tracking, but still want to drive users into your app.
Topic 2: The ads above are hosted through these ad units:
- In-App Offerwall is an ad unit within a mobile application that provides end users with a plethora of offers to engage in The offers within this ad unit include all the ad types above, and can either be rewarded or non-rewarded depending on the publisher’s app. Our in-app offerwall consist of the following ad types: PPI (Android only), PPE (Android only), Tapjoy Reconnect, CPA, and PPV.
- Tapjoy Marketplace is an ad unit outside of the mobile application available through any mobile or PC browsers @ www.tapjoy.com. It’s Tapjoy’s direct to consumer app discovery portal that allows users to find new apps to play, see what their friends are playing, and so much more. If advertisers are running campaigns, their ads automatically show up in www.tapjoy.com without additional work. PPI, PPA, and CPA are supported within Tapjoy Marketplace, and all ads are rewarded.
- Interstitial(used to be called Fullscreen ads or FSI) are ads that completely fill the entire mobile screen, and can be found in various areas of an application, including, but not limited to at launch, after main menu screens, and after a user completes a level. We support custom full page assets for both our rewarded and non-rewarded network. The ad sizes Tapjoy supports include 320×250, 748×720, 1000×490. Within our rewarded network, advertisers can manually turn these campaigns on from our dashboard. Only PPV, rich media and CPC ad types are supported through the full page ad unit. These can be static or video ads
- Video (used to called Direct Play Video or Audio Play Video) are ad units that take over the whole screen and play a video that starts automatically without the user pressing a "play" button. The typical use case is a "Watch Videos to Earn Currency" button in an application.
- Native to Earn – Upload an image as a native button that directs users to Video, Interstitial, or Offerwall. The Native Button can be placed anywhere and opens up new monetization opportunity anywhere, anytime in the game.
- Push to Earn – Get your Offerwall and Video discovered by the right segment of users with a targeted Push Notification. Push will bring up an In- app message that directs users to the ads. See FAQ for more info.
- Message to Earn – Direct users to Video and to the Offerwall with an in-app message during natural breaks in your app. It is a great way to monetize and retain non-spenders.
- Announcement – Inform users of any new updates, features, or in-app activities by showing an in-app message during natural breaks in your app.
- In App Product Promotion – Inform users of your IAP promotions with in-app messages served during natural breaks in your app. Targeting segmentation allows the ability to tailor each promotion and maximize revenue.
- Reward Giveaway -Notify and reward a specific segment of users with an in-app message to increase retention and make them love your game even more.
- Mediated Video – Tapjoy has partnered with leading Ad Mediation Platforms to ensure maximum fill-rate and best eCPM for your inventory.
- Mediated Interstitial – Tapjoy has partnered with leading Ad Mediation Platforms to ensure maximum fill-rate and best eCPM for your inventory.
- House Ad with Video – Get your best users playing multiple games with rewarded house advertisements with autoplay videos.
- House Ad with Interstitial – Get your best users playing multiple games with rewarded house advertisements with Display Ads.
Topic 3: Getting Started – Integration and Tapjoy Registration
- In order to run PPI, PPE, and/orTapjoy Reconnect campaigns for your mobile application within our ad network, advertisers must integrate Tapjoy advertising SDK into the app. Details under Getting Started Guide for Advertisers for iOS, Android, Unity, and AIR.
- Then create an account with us at ltv.tapjoy.com to start running ads in our network. The dashboard will be your main hub to set up your ad campaigns and find all reporting information regarding your app and campaigns. Some important notes:
- Please be sure to read all of our terms and conditions when you create a Tapjoy account.
- Only one account is needed per publisher/company. If you’d like to add additional users, please contact your Tapjoy contact or support.
- All Tapjoy reporting is in real-time and hourly reporting is based on the timezone you select. Daily reporting is always in UTC.
- From here, please see our technical documentation to complete and finalize integration before you start your campaigns. Details under Details under Getting Started Guide for Advertisers for iOS, Android, Unity, and AIR.
Topic 4: Minimum Bids and Targeting
- All campaigns are prioritized with bids the advertiser sets in the Tapjoy dashboard. Bids can be updated in realtime and advertisers can see how their bid compares to other advertisers in our network.
- Minimum bids for each ad type:
- Rewarded PPI and Tapjoy Reconnect campaigns start at $.10
- Rewarded PPE campaigns start at $.20 (install + engagement)
- Rewarded CPA campaigns can vary depending on the offer. Please contact your Tapjoy contact support for more information.
- Rewarded PPV campaigns start at $.02
- Minimum bids for each ad type:
- Advertisers can also set specific targeting goals to ensure optimal results. Within the Tapjoy dashboard, advertisers can set the following. Please note, some settings are admin only, so please inquire w/ your Tapjoy account manager.
- Daily budgets (by install amount or $)
- Region/Country targeting
- Minimum OS version (on both Android and iOS)
- Screen sizes (admin only, Android only)
- Device Type (admin only, iOS only: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- Overall budgets (admin only)